From my personal experience, I’ve been convinced that we need to take care of our PCs every day. This means timely assisting your Mac in various ways, for example, cleaning out the trash, removing old updates and applications, clearing browser history, and so on. All this helps to keep a computer in good shape for performing both simple and complex tasks. In addition, you save some computer memory for more important things and not worry about the lack of storage space.
Today, we want to consider one of the easiest ways to clean out Mac – you probably already guessed – it’s called “Emptying Trash“. In this article, you will learn how to clean trash on Mac in three simple and practical ways.
Follow These Three Steps to Empty Trash on Your Mac
Cleaning trash Mac cannot be complete with only a click of a button. This option has a place to be if you urgently need to free up some disk space. But the method itself is not very effective unless you perform some additional operations. This small but useful guide will help you empty Trash can Mac and remove all unnecessary data from your PC.
Step #1. Secure empty trash on Mac
We already know that by emptying the Trash on Mac, you may not delete all associated files and thus, they will remain on a hard disk. To help users eliminate files from the Trash, the Apple developers provided a Secure Empty Trash option on Mac OS X Yosemite. This very feature allows erasing all deleted files and applications. Check out the following short instruction to secure empty trash on Mac:
- Go to Finder and pull down “Finder” menu. Then, select the “Secure Empty Trash” option.
- You will see a pop-up window, which asks you if you want to permanently erase the files in your Trash. Choose Secure Empty Trash and confirm it.
- Wait a couple of seconds for the Trash to be emptied completely.
Step #2. Use Terminal to force clean trash on Mac
The next step to securely empty the Trash on your Mac is to use Terminal. Sometimes, it happens so that you can’t delete particular files from the Trash. The items may be locked or “still in use” and the only way to remove them is to force empty trash on your PC. To do this, you should:
- Open Finder, then Applications > Utilities, and find Terminal.
- Open Terminal and type the command: srm – v + space.
- Next, drag a file from Finder to the Terminal window. Hit Enter button to delete it from your Trash.
Step #3. Use a Mac cleaning tool
The last way how to clean trash on Mac is to download and use an efficient Mac cleaning software. MacFly Pro is an up-to-date application that delivers sufficient cleaning assistance to your Mac. This tool is designed to deep clean and speed up Mac, improve its working performance and protect it from potential threats. It is a quick and reliable solution to empty trash on Mac too. With a few simple clicks, you delete all files from the trash can and reclaim space on the hard drive.
Other features of MacClenerTool include:
- Resetting storage space by removing duplicate files.
- Clearing temporary files.
- Uninstalling old or useless applications.
- Constantly monitoring the system of a PC.
- Protecting your private data from third parties.
- Optimizing your Mac’s performance, etc.
In conclusion, now you know how to empty Mac trash in a proper way. You can either try a Secure Empty Trash option or using Terminal. Also, you may take an advantage of technology by downloading the third-party app like MacFly Pro to provide an effective cleaning of your Mac.
SpeedMac.org team tries to keep its focus on everything related to IT and be worthy of calling ourselves professionals. No matter what issue you have about your Mac or iPhone, we are here to help you and provide with solid facts and helpful tips.