Recently, Apple has seeded the second version of tvOS 11.3 coming soon to the group of testers. A day later it was given access to developers and a couple of weeks from that the company presented the first tvOS 11.3 public beta.
The update could be downloaded in the following way: go to the Settings app on your Apple TV, choose section System, then Software Updates. Select “Get Public Beta Updates” and once you are done, Apple TV will download the software.
Apple TV has Home App with tvOS 11.3 and supports AirPlay2, so you can play the same music on a number of Apple TVs in different places (after the official launch of AirPlay2 you can also do it on HomePod and similar speakers). Other features of the update include the following:
- Apple TV of 4th generation now can support automatic frame rate switching;
- The feature Match Content has been significantly improved;
- The section where you can see how your data is managed.
How the update improved the work of the system:
- Skipping all setup screens is working correctly when you use an MDM server configuration;
- The oneup template is rendering full-screen images;
- Now upgrading the device does not require a remote;
- No black screen of death.